Family Law | Mediation | Collaborative Law
Offering a road map to resolution
- Family Law is what we do: divorce, custody & access (parenting time), guardianship, alimony, child support, property division, adoption, prenuptial agreements, child representation, surrogacy and more
- confidential mediation avoids a public court battle and lays a foundation for future harmony.
- collaborative law uses a team of professionals for an out-of-court settlement.
- litigation provides structure and finality. Learn more including about the new Family Resolution Specialty Court (FRSC) here.
- 19+ years court room experience in federal, Massachusetts and Canadian courts.
- Serving Hampshire, Franklin, Hampden Counties and beyond.
- Turning conflict into resolution, we have the experience, sympathy & understanding to get you through the legal maze.
Call (413) 586-5989 to get started.
"Wow. Devlin handled a complex interprovincial relocation case for me with very favorable outcomes. I am extremely impressed with Devlin's professionalism and skill. He is thorough, knowledgeable, collaborative, accessible and easy to work with. What is most evident is that Devlin truly has a passion for his work and helping people, as well as the experience and abilities to excel at it. Whatever the outcome, I knew I was being represented in the most effective way possible. Devlin made the whole process as stress-free as it can be, and I highly recommend him!"
-M.B. (former client)
" . . . I'm extremely thankful I chose Farmer Family Law. Devlin was knowledgeable, organized , personable, and always made me feel confident that he had my case under control . . . I'm more than satisfied, and on a personal level, Devlin is very easy to get along with . . . As for expenses, I believe the cost was more than fair, and that Devlin was reasonably flexible in accommodating my financial situation.
I highly recommend retaining Attorney Devlin Farmer for your mediation or divorce."
- K.S. (former client)
Read MASS LIVE's interview with Devlin Farmer
"I want to bring a calm, reasoned approach to separating families and help them resolve differences respectfully."
Considering Representing Yourself?
Devlin Farmer's book Representing Yourself In Court, released with US and Canadian editions in February, 2016, and with an update slated for 2019, has been reviewed as a "a resource-rich tool that offers [self represented litigants] insight into complex court processes and the tricks of the trade used by lawyers" and "essential." One reviewer said, "I wish I had this book when I was a self-represented litigant." As the book discusses, we recommend strategically seeking legal advice from a lawyer when representing yourself.
Recent Media Appearances:
On the Island
interviewed by Gregor Craigie
WHMP radio interview
with Bill Newman
(I come in at 36 minutes)
Read my new article,
"Your Self-Representation Road Map: 5 Steps to Success (and 5 Mistakes to Avoid)" in
Law Now Magazine
DISCLAIMER and NOTICE: Nothing on this website is meant to be legal advice. If you are seeking legal advice, you should communicate directly with a lawyer. The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only. The transmission of this information, and any response, does not constitute legal advice and does not create or imply an attorney-client or solicitor-client relationship. Readers should not act or rely on any information provided herein without consulting legal counsel (i.e. a lawyer). Confidentiality is subject to rare mandated exceptions. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.